Tuesday, January 28, 2014

snow day stuff

This year I feel like that I have begun to read more mature topics. I’m not reading the dumb clique books I would have in 6th grade. Back then I read quick and easy books that only took me a couple days and the plot to all the books where the same and so every book in the series had the same premise except just different details. The characters would be all happy and nice and be getting back to normal life after their last adventure in the previous book and then something bad would happen like someone would go missing or something stupid like that and then they had their “exciting” adventure with highs and lows and in the end they solved it and they were all happy and they went home. The books I read now require a higher level of thinking and I am not able to guess the endings like I once was able to. The type of books I like to read hasn’t really changed. I never really hated any type of books and now as I am opened to new genres and series I try to read it all. Currently I have been reading a lot of realistic fiction. The last book that I read was kind of historical fiction and it was super good. It had a super good plot that I didn’t predict and the characters were all well developed. All of this came together to create a very well written novel that I would recommend to others. This trimester I think that I have really not read as much as I did in the first. I go in and out of reading though, sometimes I will finish multiple books in a week and other times I won’t touch a book for two months. It just depends on my mood or if I’m busy and I think it’s good to read like that. You shouldn’t be forced to read. It should be done on your own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment