Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Post 3:What is a book

A book is a friend. A book is the friend that tells you the most amazing outlandish stories that capture your attention. You can go to them whenever you want. They are always there for you no matter what, waiting to tell you their story. Just like people they come in many shapes and sizes. Big, small, Tall, short, thick, fat, skinny, paperback, hardcover many different types but these days the way books are coming, is beginning to change. These days you can get a book on a kindle, on an Ipad, Ipod, Iphone, and computer. Almost anything that you can plug in you can read a book on. Many people have different views on if they like these new ways to read the books. Some people like this while others hate it with a passion and would rather sit down with their nice book with bound pages. People that don’t like these new ways say that it just can’t compare to a book with being able to turn pages, the feel of the weight of a book in their hands and the smell of the book and the little things that only a book can offer. People that like e-readers and tablets say that these devices can do things that a book just can’t do. You can read thousand page book and instead of it weighing a ton, it’s less than a pound. These devices are easy to hold and portable and you can take them almost anywhere making them ideal for people who travel a lot. I personally don’t have a problem with e-readers and other devices that people read books on. I think that they are great ways to read and that they both have their advantages. I like the fact that devices and e-readers are portable and I can take them with me without taking up a lot of space. While I also love the feeling of a real book. Being able to turn the pages and flip through the book with ease. Both have a place to be used and I think they can coexist with each other with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment