Wednesday, December 4, 2013

First Book

The book that I chose for my first reading project is The House Of Hades by Rick Riordan. I chose this book because I have read the other three books in the series and I really liked them. According to Lily Davis she gave the book one star for awesome world building. Another star for making her laugh out loud. Another star for giving her characters that she could care about. She gave her final full star for keeping her engaged and because the book had great pacing. She gave half of a star for the writing, and took away one half of the star for so many dropped words. According to Flip that page.com the character development was staggering, and one of the big main characters, Jason, acts more like a leader and less like a bench model. Is hocking thing that I have seen in every one of my reviews is that one of the main characters has been secretly gay. Nico (the character who’s has been gay but not voiced this feeling or told anyone) saw Percy ( one of the other main characters) as one of his hero as he saved him when he was younger. This admiration over time had built into a crush. Some people are outraged while others don’t seem to care. I can’t wait to read and see what all this turmoil is about!

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting. I would like to see what you think of it. Im not interested in reading it though.

    ReplyDelete